please refer now to http://www.loveinourhome.wordpress.com
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Posted by Brooke at 6:10 PM
Sunday, April 11, 2010
Posted by Brooke at 6:07 PM
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Posted by Brooke at 9:13 AM
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
I hope to make these today... you can find the recipe at FamilyFun.com aren't they so cute! And cheap!
I also found a recipe for organic homemade play dough that I want to make too! The boys will love this!
While I was surfing, I always find cool craft websites. Check this one out:
Has lots of handmade stuff, sewing stuff, and kid's craft ideas...
Finally, I printed out this cute coloring page for Jake and maybe Cole to color. Even if we don't get to the cupcakes or the play dough, I know I can handle getting out the green crayons!
Here's an article on St. Patrick from the History channel (we have to have a purpose in doing all this stuff and learn something while we're at it!)
Posted by Brooke at 2:28 PM
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Posted by Brooke at 5:31 PM
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
If you haven't been watching NBC's The Biggest Loser this season, go check it out! My dear friends are the pink team this time. Ashley and Sherry have been on a very long journey since last October on the show and they have done awesome! I know them through my life long friend Cyndie, who is their daughter and sister. Cyndie and I were best friends since 7th grade and were in each other's weddings etc. She is my children's "auntie".
Posted by Brooke at 3:14 PM
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
“Love in the Home”
If I live in a house of spotless beauty with everything in it’s place,
But have not love, I am a housekeeper --not a homemaker.
If I have time for waxing, polishing, and decorative achievements,
But have not love, my children learn cleanliness—not godliness.
Love leaves the dust in search of a child’s laugh.
Love smiles at the tiny fingerprints on a newly cleaned window.
Love wipes away tears before it wipes up the spilled milk.
Love picks up the child before it picks up the toys.
Love is present through the trials.
Love reprimands, reproves, and is responsive.
Love crawls with the baby, walks with the toddler, runs with the child,
Then stands aside to let the youth walk into adulthood.
Love is the key that opens salvation’s message in a child’s heart.
Before I became a mother I took glory in my house of perfection.
Now I rest in God’s perfection of HIS glory.
As a mother, there is much I must teach my child,
But the greatest of all is love.
When you can’t see above the mess, look into the eyes of your children. Take their cheeks in your hands and look at the details of their faces. When we’re caught up in life, we miss their faces.” Then remember what the Lord says: “My grace is sufficient for you, my power is made perfect in weakness”. 2 Corinthians 12:9
Posted by Brooke at 4:25 PM
Monday, February 15, 2010
Posted by Brooke at 2:41 PM
Friday, February 5, 2010
He is like this pretty much 95% of the time. The other 5% is either sleeping or hungry. (the child can EAT!)
Posted by Brooke at 3:00 PM
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Posted by Brooke at 9:00 PM
Friday, January 22, 2010
I entered my little angels in a modeling contest. A mother has to gush and do silly things like this!
Posted by Brooke at 10:11 PM